#36: 20 Apr 1945, Ie Shima


The attack on Bloody Ridge on 20 April was marked by severe fighting. Infantrymen of the
307th infantry, 77th ID moving toward government House Hill.  (Photo: WWII Archives)

Dear May, Bill & Joanie

Received Bill's letter the other day and I was indeed glad to hear from you all again. Of course the letter was dated February 10th. A little late, I guess, however it was good hearing from you again.

In a way I was glad to hear that you chose to reside in N.J. instead of going out to California. It may appear selfish of me when I say if I ever get home, it will be nice to see you in N.J. And if you had been living in the Pacific Coast it might have been a little different.

However, all I desire is to finish off the dreadful business of warfare and return home to you soon in the near future. Regards and love to Joan.

Your Devoted Brother,

Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment